Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Food & Wine: A Prelude

For the past several years I've been going to the EPCOT Center Food & Wine Festival. It's been a pilgrimage to spend tons of money to sample delicious morsels of food from around the world at my favorite theme park of all time (this has given me an idea for a future posting... hmmm...).


Food and Wine Festival 2007

My family and I have been going to the Food and Wine Festival since 2006, but I only got really into photographing it (and becoming somewhat obsessed) until 2007. I've usually gone at least 3 times during the month and a half long festival and still only been able to sample a few of the delicacies offered there.

I work for Walt Disney World now. I was working on the soft open (Preview day) for the festival and the first few days of its operation. Have I gone this year yet? No! I work in Future World and in all the days I was working, I never once went past the Fountain of Nations.

Why? Because I am crazy and tired, that's why. :(

Now there are only 18 days left of the festival. And I'm going to try to go at least three times this year. I'm planning on going this Saturday with my mother, husband, and son where we can hopefully meet up with my younger brother, who is currently in the College Program.

Colleen, Christina, Myself, and Ben Being Silly
On another day I plan to visit the festival with some of my dearest friends: Colleen, Ben, and Stephanie. Colleen, Ben, and I already have had one "Around the World Showcase Adventure" with Christina, but this will be our first Food & Wine together.




The other visit I will have to make will be a trip to see some people I have not thought about in a very, very long time....

HANSON!

That's right, HANSON of "Mmmbop" fame will be playing at the Food and Wine Festival on November 8 and 9. So needless to say I will have to attend one of those days, alone if I must. There will be pictures, and I will post them for all to see.

I will take lots of pictures and write about the delicious foods they are having this year. If it's anything like the previous years, it will be epic!

The World Showcase at Night, what a lovely sight

No comments:

Post a Comment